Please enter your e-mail above and submit if you would like to receive an update whenever I post a new blog. Thanks for taking an interest in my ramblings!

Friday, January 20, 2012

Back in Black: Day 2- Cabbage Rolls recipe

I prepared everything for today last night. I then divided it into portions and placed it in ziplocked bags. So all I had to do this morning was grab the bags for breakfast, lunch and snack to take to work. Made things SO much easier!
For Breaskfast I had 1 hard boiled egg
1/2C Lentils
1/2 Orange
2000 mg fish oil in capsules
16oz Water

For Lunch I had 1 C baby carrots
1/4C Garbanzo beans
2 Cabbage rolls ( about a Cup)
1/2C Fresh Spinach
16oz Water with 1/4 packet of Oolong Tea with Mangosteen (Tastes like soda. Instructions say use the whole pkt for 16oz of water, but that is way too sweet for me. My brother luvs this stuff, because he is addicted to soda. This satisfies like soda. I put 3 pkts in an empty 2 liter soda bottle. I got this at Wal-mart in the coffee section for about 2bucks for 10 packets; which equates to approximately 3 2 liters of "soda". Not bad.)

Snack 1/2 Orange
1 hard boiled egg

For Dinner I had 1 cabbage roll
3oz Hickory smoked, spiral ham, with no glaze
1/2 C Spinach
1/2C Lentils
60oz of Green Tea with Purple Acai and Blueberry ( Also from Wal-mart) This may seem like a lot, but it's 3 20oz cups of tea



Cabbage rolls
Preheat oven to 350F
Mix together:
1/4 cup diced green onion
1/8 cup golden raisins ( technically I should have left this out on account of the sugar)
1 Tbsp ground cumin
1/2 lb ground beef
1/2 cup tomato puree
1/8 cup chopped fresh parsley
1/4 cup diced bell pepper ( I used yellow)
2 tsp salt ( I use himalayan)
4 tsp ground pepper


Take several cabbage leaves and wrap about  a 1/4 cup of burger mix inside.
In a baking dish spread tomato puree to cover bottom. I added some fresh parsley on top of the puree. Lay rolls with wrapped ends down. Spoon a small amount of tomato puree on top.
Bake for about 25 minutes.

Serve with lentils and fresh spinach.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!