Please enter your e-mail above and submit if you would like to receive an update whenever I post a new blog. Thanks for taking an interest in my ramblings!

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Back in Black: Day 3- Black beans

Breakfast: 1 Orange, 3oz ham, 1 C lentils

Lunch: 1C.Lentils, 1/4 C. pickles, 3oz pulled pork ( Work catered lunch today)
Dinner:1C. Black beans, 1C. steamed broccoli, ground beef with pico d gallo and guacamole,black cherry sugar-free jello cup.

So today my work place catered in lunch. I ate my lentils and ate the only items that didn't have sugar or starches.
I was really craving sugar tonight so I had a SF jello cup that help tremendously. I had to stop myself from getting another one-- not that I couldn't, but I really was okay without it. Yay for self-control!

Black beans:
From 1 package dry black beans follow instructions for cooking. grate fresh lime over and enjoy!


So I was going through some boxes and I came across some past picture of myself and OMG do I look different!

I don't know about you, but in my head I still look like I'm seventeen--the mirror disagrees...
 
Anyhow, I think these pictures will be a good reminder of where I am heading.

Then I found some letters from guys I knew and I was blown away that someone, let alone several someones, had ever felt that way about me-- like I was someone special. It forced me to think back to how I used to be, confident, compassionate, attentive, a great listener, assertive and ambitious. All attributes that I still possess, but on a much lesser level. I've had quite a bit of beating down over the years and it's only been in the last few that I've begun to believe that I can be better than I think I am and that I am indeed special in ways that others can appreciate. Also, apparently I had musical aspirations because I found more than a few lyric sheets that I'd written--totally forgot about that!

When was the last time you revisited your past self?

( I will post pictures soon.)

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!