Please enter your e-mail above and submit if you would like to receive an update whenever I post a new blog. Thanks for taking an interest in my ramblings!

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Back in Black...

Hello there!



If you've been following this blog you may have noticed that I've been missing in action for a while. While I won't bore you with the reasons I will tell you why today I've decided to return.

Originally I started this blog because I was loosing my memory. It came to the point where I couldn't remember the conversation I had just five minutes earlier and in some cases even who I had spoken to.

So, I did what I always do when I have a problem --I googled it.

What I learned from the All-Knowing-Google-God was that there are ways to reverse memory loss and increase your brain processes, making yourself smarter.

In essence I learned that memory loss, in my case, happens when your brain gets bored. You do the same thing over and over again until you are on autopilot. Even something complicated and initially exciting can get put into your brain's slush pile once you can do it with a blindfold and one hand somewhere near your posterior.

The skinny of it is that your brain wants to be entertained by seeing, hearing, and experiencing new things even if it is really difficult and no so much fun-- it thrives on the New.

To this end I began writing a blog and brushing my teeth with the opposite hand, and taking coconut oil and researching things for my blog and guess what? It worked. I began to recall things that happened a week ago, including details of where I was at the time.

Looking back, this blog has been about increasing brain function and becoming healthy. I've shared strange if not funny stories, recounted past pains, given healthy, mind-strengthening recipes, vented, shared new things I learned and, encompassing all, tried to give new perspectives.

And then I got busy with life, but today I have something new to blog about.

Just like the majority of America I am conscious of the fact that I am obese and I am sick of it.  I have been for a while, but again I got busy with life. Today, I have come to the decision that being healthy is not a destination, it is part of the journey. So, I am making it part of my life. Not a diet, not a program, not a weight--loss scheme--although, admittedly, being a size 7 again was the original and main ambition and still is the prize I get for being good to my body. Being heavy limits so many things in my life. I wasn't always this way and though it began with a medical condition that really jacked up my whole system's way of processing food, I can and will be healthy again AND LOve the way I feel and look.

This is the beginning. I hope you Enjoy!...


Oh, I kind of neglected to mention the reason for the title. Back in 2000 on New Years Eve I wore a little black dress suit. I plan to wear it again by my next birthday August 23, 2012.  This will be the story of how I get there.


(I will post a picture of the dress soon.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!