Please enter your e-mail above and submit if you would like to receive an update whenever I post a new blog. Thanks for taking an interest in my ramblings!

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Celtic Astrology Aug 5- Sept 1


Celtic Astrology

Aug 5 – Sept 1
According to Celtic Astrology, which is based on the Moon’s cycles, v/s the Sun’s cycles as in traditional astrology, my Tree is the Hazel, my Drive Animal is the Salmon, my word is Coll (which means dark or Black), my Planetary Sign is Mercury and my Ruling Deity is The Sea God Manannan Mac Lir, A Master of Disguise.

The Tree symbolizes Wisdom. It was once thought magical skills and knowledge could be achieved by eating the nuts of a Hazel tree and to cut one down was punishable by DEATH! Ha, take that logsmen, lumberjacks and tree haters!

Hazel people are artistic (I paint), expressive (I write) and have “lively, analytical minds” (I’d like to thinks so). They are imaginative (goes without saying), intelligent (duh!), radical (on occasion), idealistic thinkers and make inspiring teachers. I’d like to think that they have me down in a nut shell- pun intended.

The Salmon is the wisest and oldest of all the animals and brings inspiration.

This is the part I really identify with-- “Hazels need to express their creativity or they can become morbid and introspective.”
I have a really hard time socializing or even saying “Hi” to someone I know when my outlet for being creative has been stifled for more than twenty minutes.

I will post at each Celtic astrological cycle, the next being Sept. 2. If you just can't wait until then, let me know your birth date in the comments and I will post it early!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!