Please enter your e-mail above and submit if you would like to receive an update whenever I post a new blog. Thanks for taking an interest in my ramblings!

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Killing a Cold Sans Bagna Cauda

Well, my health partner/ Nazi of all things yummy found out about the Bagna Cauda and despite my explanation of the weight loss benefits of olive oil I’ve been restricted from taking this remedy! FIE! So, on to the next one! 


Eucalyptus oil, I’ve put it on my feet and wrists so it will travel through my blood stream faster and also on my neck, behind my ears and on my chest. So, now I smell like a Koala’s dinner, luckily for me we are not in Australia, so it’s not likely that I’ll be attacked by droves of hungry fuzzy mini-bears with the power to stun me into submission with their cuteness- no worries! Immediately after applying the oil I felt the effects loosen the tightness and soreness in my neck and 30 minutes later the congestion in my nose is at a minimum, YAY!

I use 100% essential Eucalyptus Oil by NOW i put it directly on the skin without dilution, but many people are more sensitve than I am and require a dilution.

7 drops eucalyptus  
1 Tbsp Olive oil or Grapeseed oil or Almond Oil

Rub on chest, feet, wrists and behind the ears and neck. If you can handle it put more Eucalyptus.
If you can't stand the Eucalyptus, use Rosemary or Lavender. You can mix the three for a more powerful concoction. Enjoy!


Note: For this to work you need to do it daily until 1 day AFTER the symptoms are gone. For a faster and more immediate relief do an inhalation.




Inhalation: Add 2 drops eucalyptus oil to a cup or bowl of steaming hot water. Place your head over the cup or bowl and lay a towel over your head to cover the bowl completely. The idea is to trap as much of the Eucalyptus infused steam so you get the most benefit from it. You can also add a drop or two of Lavender oil for double potency. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!