Please enter your e-mail above and submit if you would like to receive an update whenever I post a new blog. Thanks for taking an interest in my ramblings!

Friday, August 5, 2011

Thunder & Lightening! Hooray!!!

This morning is perfect! It's Friday and payday! But what I am really happy about is the weather. It's practically black outside and threatening a good lovely storm!

For some reason I get giddy when the clouds roll over gray and foreboding. When I'm driving in it I feel like something exciting could happen, as if I'm actually going somewhere fun! Strange, huh? I guess I could attribute this to my childhood.

Each September my cousin and I would stay over night with our grandmother. She would pack us up in the car before the break of dawn to begin our ascent to Disney World. The skies were always dark just like this morning. This is also how I got my love for the smell of diesel fuel combined with many summer days at my dad's shop- he was a mechanic and would work on Diesel fueled trucks.  Anyway, when you go to Disney World they have trains that take you from the parking lot up to the park and these transports emit diesel fumes. Consequently, whenever I smell diesel I feel happy, nostalgic and excited to go somewhere.

But this is about storms. So, back onto subject.  There is no doubt that I inherited my love for thunder and lightening storms from my dad. I remember riding in the truck with him and him stopping in the middle of the road to take pictures of the lightening- it was so beautiful. Note that the middle of the road was on the drive to our house which was out in the middle of nowhere, so it wasn't like he'd be worried about anyone else driving down it.

Ah,storms! They have a way of charging the air with a sense of mystery!
Maybe it's the elctrical charge or the waves of the moon, but I get my best ideas during a good hard rain storm. I'd much rather be home with the fireplace going, (note I keep my a/c at about 65 now. I have to catch up for lost time- see blog 1 and 2) with my hot raspberry and cream tea, my laptop, my soft comfy blanket, my Uggs, a flannel night-shirt, a fluffy cat curled up next to me, the lightening flashing and thunder booming out over my deck and ideas just flowing onto the keys of my laptop- Ahhh, so nice.

Maybe it will do me a boon and still be exactly like this by the time I get off work and home again- one can wish. I hope you still find mystery and inspiration in natures wonders. Does anyone else feel the way I do about storms or am I just nuts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!