Please enter your e-mail above and submit if you would like to receive an update whenever I post a new blog. Thanks for taking an interest in my ramblings!

Friday, September 23, 2011

Holy Guacamole!

The director of my company went to Florida this week and somehow managed to smuggle a HUGE avocado back! shhhh... She said she was looking for someone to make guacamole for the office tomorrow and so I volunteered. Here is the recipe I used. I made half spicy and hot and the other half just spicy. I sure hope it tastes good because I forgot to drain the lime off the avocados. I'm sure it is the perfect amount for a limey pirate, but not so much for me and my friend Noah, who desperately tired to compliment me, but alas failed miserably-- thanks for trying though! First, just look at this gigantic avocado!
A special thanks to my friend Noah for helping to make this recipe.
Compared to a normal avocado!

Authentic Mexican Guacamole ( or so I'm told)
4 medium Avocados or 1 Florida avocado and 2-3 medium avocados
1 Lime
1 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Coriander
1/2 tsp Cayenne (optional if you want it a bit spicy)
1/2 tsp Cumin
1 Clove Garlic
3 Chili peppers ( optional if you want it hot)
2 medium Tomatoes
1/2 medium White onion
1/2 medium Red onion
1 Tbsp Fresh Cilantro

Using a knife cut a circle around the avocado.

Twist along cut. The two sides should come apart easily.



 Place the edge of the blade at the base of the knife hilt into the pit and twist slightly from side to side until pit is loosened. the seed should pop out from the flesh. Remove and discard or keep as a rooting experiment.



With a spoon wedge under the skin of the avocado and circle around edge until skin can be easily removed. Place 3 of the avocado's flesh into a bowl.




Dice 1 avocado and set aside.
Cut lime in half and squeeze juice of one half into the bowl of 3 avocados and the other half into bowl of diced avocado. Toss to cover avocados in lime. This acts to prevent ot from turning brown later on. Drain and set lime juice aside.







Remove seeds and pulp from tomatoes and mince.


Remove seeds from peppers and mince.


Using the flat of a knife blade crush garlic clove a, remove husk and mince.
+


Mince onions. Place a toothpick, match or wooden spoon in your mouth to prevent eyes from burning.
Mince Cilantro.


 This is the mildly spicy...

This is the super hot! You can tell the heat is melting the avocado!

Add all ingredients together. Add 2 Tbsp lime juice and let set for 1 hour at room temperature. serve with dip and Enjoy! Note: Some people really love using all the lime, but if you find it is too much. i balanced it with 1/4 cup Agave Nectar. I also, had good results with adding 1-8oz package of cream cheese to the mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!