Please enter your e-mail above and submit if you would like to receive an update whenever I post a new blog. Thanks for taking an interest in my ramblings!

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Relationships: How to Improve

As a sequel to the blog on how to make your brain smarter I wanted to add a video that would read aloud a listing of uncommon words to improve vocabulary and activate new neural connections and synapses’. I didn’t quite find what I had been looking for one,, but I came across a result that peaked my interest, Improving Your Self-Image with Your Words.


Now, I have not ever been a fan of televangelists. In my limited experience I’ve seen them as money-motivated and hypocritical, but the title of the video I came across was so promising I kept listening even past the religious chant.


As I listened it became clear that this evangelist was different, he seemed to actually care that what he was saying would be helping people; and he gave examples of how he used the advice in his own life including his failings. Not only that, but it's as if he's read my blog and started using parts of it in his speaches! I know it's typically called a sermon and not a speach, but I think sermon connotes preaching, which I associate with my sterotypical definition of televangelist and therefore it does not seem an approriate description of the below videos.

I went on to listen to the entire three part series and was hooked. Then, I listened to another called Bringing out the Best in People and another on Relationships and Marriage.


On hearing this last one it occurred to me that a blog I had written earlier on relationships was not complete. I had told about my experiences in an unhealthy relationship and how to move on from a destructive union, but I had neglected to address how to work at it first.


Marriage is a commitment made when you believe the other person is worth giving over the rest of your life to and just giving up on that at the first difficulty is not good for our soul. I thought of how I should explain the points of how to go about bringing back that belief through our own actions and words and that by doing so the other person will also begin to grow towards a supportive, healthy and respectful partnership with you. However, I do not have the personal experience of carrying out these tools so I think it is best if I just add the videos for you to watch below. Fair warning, it begins very typical of televangelists, but trust me bear through it, it will totally be worth it.




Bringing Out the Best in People & Yourself


Part 1 People are brought into our lives for a reason.



Part 2 When you believe the best is people you bring out the best in people.





Part 3 Compliments are the Glue of Relationships.






Relationships Marriage and the example you set as Parents
(warning these next two have a louder audio so you may want to adjust your volume first)











Improving your relationships : Keeping Strife Out Of Your Life 










Improving your relationships: When the flame fizzles









Improving your relationships: Minor Adjustments for Major Improvements




I hope you find this inspiring and that it gives you a new perspective and some tools to use. Wishing you the best in all realationships and a life you can Enjoy!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!