Please enter your e-mail above and submit if you would like to receive an update whenever I post a new blog. Thanks for taking an interest in my ramblings!

Monday, September 5, 2011

Santa Cali Gon Days!


The first Santa Cali Gon Days was held in 1940 to celebrate the heritage of the City of Independence as the starting point of the Santa Fe, California, and Oregon Trails.  

Back then the festival was called Three Trails Days and featured a beard and mustache contest, the Miss Independence pageant and a pioneer costume contest. Then, in 1974 it was renamed Santa-Cali-Gon Days. 

Today it is considered on of the nations premier  Festivals, drawing over 225,000 people each year.

Below I have added some pictures and videos on just a few of the sites, vendors and the attempt to break the Guinness Book of World Records for the Largest Macarena.

Christian Visitors Center



 Entrance at Cafe Verona

B Here Now Antique Store
This is an old door re-purposed as a table
 There are mirrors on all sides of this
 This is a bed head and foot board re-purposed as a entrance seat
Mason jars and a birdcage re-purposed into lamps

The Best Root Beer and Cream Soda EVER! They use dry ice to make it really cold!
Inside Whispering Winds Native American store. They also, gave me a list of all the POW-WOW's in the area!
Sherrif's Jail Transport
Side of a building I found interesting
Nice!
Views of the Carnival from outside the gates.

 A band playing a classic! "Your grandma and my grandma sitti'n by the fire. My grandma says to your grandma I'm gonna set yo flag on fire! Talk about Hey Now, Hey Now. I go, I go, one day. Jacque a ma fina  nah nay, Jaque a ma fina nay!"



Macarena. Apparently it counts even if you sit and do the moves...








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!